Construction work is very actual topic for many engineers and other related specialists. In this article I am going to overview main construction and assembly processes, process participants, management of construction work and general quality requirements.
Construction and assembly processes
Construction and installation process is called the production process, which takes place directly on construction site and whose ultimate goal is to construct the production.
Construction works are divided into:
– Construction of new buildings – it’s a new building or new construction of utilities and services
Communications construction of the extension of an existing building construction, restoration of destructed cultural heritage values;
– Construction works of operational buildings – is used for building maintenance, repair, reconstruction or demolition.
Construction Process – the set of operations performed by the constant composition of workers in established technological coherence.
Construction work is all the work carried out for construction or demolition of building.
Construction works are divided:
– General construction works: land of work (land relief management, building the foundation pit,, excavation, transport of their engineering networks construction of mining and filling, excavation digging, loading dikes communications services to build, canals and ditches, and their assertion of slopes claim excavation and filling works of agricultural drainage and irrigation systems to equipped, sea and inland water dredging, filling of dams and other similar profile land work); concrete, masonry, metal, wood and other building construction elements of installation and construction works, construction insulation, building internal and external decoration.
– Special construction: mechanical works (buildings and external water supply, sewerage, Gas, heat production and supply of building heating and ventilation systems and other similar profile installation work); electrical works (power supply, transformation, distribution, lighting control, automation, telecommunication otherwise telecommunications, Protection of the fire alarms and other works of a similar profile).
Construction process participants
Producer (customer) is the main subject of the construction process. It manages capital (equity or checks of the) contracts with other entities of the construction process, the most organized or carried out by construction process works.
Being the construction contractor is entitled to:
– Registered companies, which the statutes provide for the construction of its activities;
– a natural person, Government in accordance with the patent count of construction works;
Management of construction works
Construction works are conducted only by certified supervisors:
Construction manager – an individual who has a higher engineering education, certification, represent the contractor or builder to comply with the building construction project from the beginning to the static
recognition of the proper use, while potentially general construction manager, is responsible for the construction of static normative quality.
Special work leader of Construction works – a natural person who is higher or advanced engineering education, certification, representing the builder or contractor (subcontractor) to comply with the building project, headed by the Trust for a special work is technically under the authority of Construction manager and is responsible for the quality of normative systems.
The general manager of Construction work – physical person having higher engineering education certified, leads the general construction, technical issues under the authority of the construction manager responsible for the construction of standard quality.
General quality requirements
Production quality – the set of properties that are under production function shows the production appropriateness of consumers, customers and other stakeholders to meet the needs
The output quality of construction products is formed in all stages of construction: target-setting; design; construction and use. Quality is influenced by both quantitative and qualitative factors. Quantitative factors (cost, building expectancy, maintenance and repair costs, return, etc.) can be accurately calculated and assessed. Qualitative factors (location of infrastructure and environmental assessment, building credibility, comfort, aesthetics, etc.) can be estimated indirectly – comparing one factor influence another, on the basis of engineering method. Qualitative indicators measured points as a percentage or ratio.
The output quality formation process involves various groups of stakeholders – builder (customer), designers, builders (installer), suppliers (manufacturers), usersFind Article, public authorities and so on. Each group seeks to implement some of their needs and objectives that are different; therefore they have different approaches to the same project of construction of production quality point of view.